- All paid up members are eligible to enter
- Any fish entered must have been caught in a boat which sailed and returned from a Scottish Port or from the shore within Scotland
- Competition runs from 1st of January to the 31st of December
- Monthly Awards for Best Specimen and Heaviest Fish, Boat or Shore
- Annual Trophies for Best Specimen, Heaviest Monthly Fish and Heaviest Annual fish
- Minimum weight for the Heaviest Fish category is 5kg. No minimum qualifying weight for the Specimen entry.
- Specimen Awards will be based on the percentage of the current SFSA Fish Records List as published in the SFSA Handbook
- Common Skate and Sharks are not eligible for Heaviest Monthly Fish Award but should be entered using the form as they will be recorded by the Fish recorder for the Annual Heaviest Fish Competition.
- For catch and release fish entered the estimated weight should be provided. A copy of the tables used, showing the certified Authority should be submitted along with the Claim Form.
- Fish caught off an Oil Rig are not eligible for the Competition
- E mail Claims will not be accepted
Completed Forms should be sent to the Fish recorder Joe Edward address on the Claim Form to arrive no later than the 14th of the following Month. The form can be downloaded here.
Your claim form must reach Joe no later than the 14th of the month following capture.
To check out the current Scottish Record Fish list click on this link.
A photograph of your catch would be appreciated.
The top EFSA (Scotland) members fish can be found here.
European line class records are found on the EFSA main body website here.
EFSA Scotland have an extensive list of trophies which are fish for each year in various competitions.
The Royal Bank of Scotland Quaich is awarded each year to the top Scottish angler at the European Boat Championships, as list of the past and present winners is available here together with all of the National Trophies and the previous winners.
A full list of the current trophy winners is available here.
The list of the award winners for 2012 can be downloaded here.
Specimen October 2011:
Alistair FullertonTurbot 9.31Kg 81.88%
Heaviest October 2011:
A FullertonTurbot 9.31Kg
Specimen August 2011:
John SpiersCoalfish 8.61kg 67.21%
Mukle Fluga, Shetland
Heaviest August 2011:
Billy McCormackCod 13.6Kg
Mukle Fluga, Shetland
Heaviest July 2011:
Mark DuncanPollack 7.1Kg
Specimen June 2011:
Eddie HughesGrey Gurnard 0.536kg 48.5%
Heaviest June 2011: http://www.efsa-scotland.org/images/uploads/shetland-wrecking.jpg
A FullertonCod 6.26Kg
Heaviest May 2011:
A FullertonSpurdog 4.53kg
Specimen May 2011:
A FullertonSpurdog 4.53kg 48.5%
Specimen January 2011:
Mark DuncanCod 8.5kg 39.50%
Heaviest January 2011:
Mark DuncanCod 8.5kg